Chapter 1 review

In this first chapter I found information that is very useful when attempting to become a good writer. Some of the content served as a refresher of things I’ve learned previously such as writing to please your audience and choosing the right genre to represent your intent for writing. On the other hand, I also learned some new tips like the usage of pathos, ethos and logos to appeal to your audience in the manner that you desire. Mostly what was discussed was the very basics of writing so it was a little difficult to get through but as the book continues on, i’m sure that’ll change.

It was interesting to think about how the types of genres have evolved through time and even wonder what sort of genres there might be in the future as well. I appreciated the two examples at the end of the chapter that was in regards to the Wall Arch Collapse and the explanation/analysis of how both authors chose to convey their information.

After awhile you forget to consider things like what the audience is looking for out of a composition and using rhetorical appeals. I know I personally don’t appreciate reading things that don’t give me the information I was looking for so it’s always good to keep that in mind.  As mentioned before, most of the content of the chapter was on the basics of writing so there’s really not too much to discuss but everyone has to review the basics at some point so it definitely achieved that objective for me.

Comments

  1. Hi Dana
    I'm glad the content of chapter 1 served you as a refresher for previous learning. Yes, the idea that genres evolve through time is true, and enhanced by technology. I'm happy that you appreciated the concept of rhetorical appeals, they are indeed very important in a text. I'm looking forward to reading more of your responses.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1 Response

Project 2 Reflection

Action Plan