Chapter 9 "Revising Your Work"


The first section of chapter 9, “Revising Your Work” highlighted the benefits of peer revision.  Peer revision allows us to acknowledge the missing components within our essays and it might even encourage new ideas to arise.  Although some may say peer revision has been helpful, I personally am not too fond of it because I believe I have never received any beneficial feedback.  I do believe that this chapter will change how we revise one’s essay due to the numerous examples of questions we could ask someone, as well as, ourselves while reading a peer’s essay.  Thus, these questions could bring up some points that the writer never thought of before and can possibly help the writer enhance their own essay. Overall, I have mixed reviews on peer revision but after reading this chapter I became more confident in the process.  

Comments

  1. I agree with your hesitancy about the peer review process and that this article helped me to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to how you have never had a good experience with peer review. usually kids do not take them very seriously or do not care or do not want to hurt someone's feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1 Response

Project 2 Reflection

Action Plan