Chapter 1
I felt that this chapter could be very beneficial in helping to enhance my writing. Often times in class when I am told to write, I begin without consideration for my audience or genre, instead hoping to impress the reader with vast amounts of extraneous details. I thought it was interesting that depending on the intended audience, sometimes simplicity can be a better method of explanation rather than lengthy detailed sentences. This ideal completely contradicts everything the average student has grown up learning. In high school we were taught that in order to pass an AP exam, we must keep writing. “Write until you run out of time”, our teachers would say. It seems here that the importance is more placed on the quality of contents rather than the quantity. An interesting theory to me is that when a seasoned writer begins their work, do t...
Comments
Post a Comment