This post is written in response to Ch.1 of The Bedford Book of Genres Individual involvement Initially, I found this article rather lethargic, however, through deeper immersion, I gained an understanding of the diversity that genres can create towards the intent of the writing piece. I have never closely looked at the possible approaches I can take towards writing about a certain topic. From the article, I feel greater capability to decide which genre convention suits my intentions when writing about a topic. During my years in Highschool, the details of genres were never brought to my attention. Without any knowledge on this topic, I was unable to capitalize upon situations that would have been strengthened with a greater understanding genres and how they are used effectively. In Highschool, I was told to follow a very structured outline when it came to writing essays, doing exactly as the outline instructed (which was created by the teacher), in order to achieve t...
Hi Leah
ReplyDeleteIt brings me great joy that you've realized that if you were to sit and write 1500 words at once the result would not be as good as writing three drafts. Also, great meme. I absolutely love The Office!