This post is written in response to Ch.1 of The Bedford Book of Genres Individual involvement Initially, I found this article rather lethargic, however, through deeper immersion, I gained an understanding of the diversity that genres can create towards the intent of the writing piece. I have never closely looked at the possible approaches I can take towards writing about a certain topic. From the article, I feel greater capability to decide which genre convention suits my intentions when writing about a topic. During my years in Highschool, the details of genres were never brought to my attention. Without any knowledge on this topic, I was unable to capitalize upon situations that would have been strengthened with a greater understanding genres and how they are used effectively. In Highschool, I was told to follow a very structured outline when it came to writing essays, doing exactly as the outline instructed (which was created by the teacher), in order to achieve t...
Comments
Post a Comment