Project #2 Reflection

1.) In this essay, I am most proud of the beginning, which includes my introduction paragraph and my literary review. I have always struggled with writing a good introduction because I have always felt like I did not have the ability to lure the readers in and keep them interested in what I was writing. I actually went about the introduction of my essay in a very different way; I decided to begin the entire piece with a clever analogy (in my opinion), comparing the relationship between a parent and a child to art.

2.) If I was given more time to write this research paper, I would have probably added some suggestions/tips specifically for all children who could possibly relate to having authoritarian (strict) parents, relate to being extremely stressed and overwhelmed with the high school to college transition, or even relate to suffering (and maybe overcoming) a mental illness such as anxiety or depression.

3.) Looking back, I can honestly say that I do not think any of the steps within this entire writing process (for this project) was very beneficial to me. I was extremely confused during this entire process and I felt like my research question and thesis kept changing; due to this, I was not completely able to maintain a very structured or stable base for my final draft. This made it extremely difficult for me to keep my thoughts and research organized, in turn, leading me to start my final draft much later than I had initially anticipated.

4.) After completing Project #2, I definitely learned that I should break up my writing time, rather than attempt to write all of my content at once; this will only cause me to burn out quickly when writing and eventually cause me to become very unmotivated to continue writing.

5.) If I could change anything about this assignment, I would definitely add an extra deadline for a second draft (before the final draft deadline) because this paper is the most lengthy, and time consuming out of all the projects listed for this course. It was very difficult to organize all of my thoughts in simply two drafts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1 Response

Project 2 Reflection

Action Plan